Thursday 20 September 2012

YODA!!!! Et al from this week!

Well, it's been the end of a busy week here in Wish Cakes' kitchen.  With 5 cakes this week and only me doing it, plus a poorly daughter in tow, it's been a bit of busy one.

But, that said, I'm pretty pleased with the results of each cake. Yoda, A present with a sugar shoe and mirror compact, a cricket themed cake, a baby shower cake, and a cake to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 25th Wedding Anniversary.

I called up my Aunt a couple of days ago and can't believe that they have been married for 25 years!  It seems like yesterday that I was in a puff ball (very 80's) dress with my lovely Deidre Barlow glasses doing my duties as her bridesmaid, along with my cousin, her daughter.

She pointed out to me that she was the same age as I am now when she got married, and it just seems unbelievable and quite scary.  So, to celebrate such an occasion I have created her a lovely cake.  I can't post the photo on here yet, as she may well read this, but once Sunday has come and gone, it will be posted for all to see.

I'm hoping that I will have 5 very happy customers.......let's see when they collect them tomorrow!

Yoda's Head Close-up
Baby Shower Cake...but is the sponge inside pink or blue?

Full shot of Yoda
For a Cricket Fan
Sugar shoe, sugar compact and label
Close up of compact and hand painted label

No comments: