Saturday 16 August 2008

It's all about taste, not just what it looks like!

For me, it's not just about the decoration. It is really important that the cakes taste as good as they look.
I am just in the process of testing out a decent carrot cake recipe to add to my flavours. Every recipe is tested by me (and my husband and his work colleagues!) before I use it to make my cakes.
I only use the best ingredients, and even if this works out a little more expensive, I feel that the quality is reflected in the taste. I will never, ever use eggs from caged hens. I will always picked the RSPCA assured eggs/ Lion stamped eggs which are from free range hens. I would really like to use eggs from Farm Shops, but unfortunately, Environmental Health state that they have to be sourced from a reputable supplier. Until I can source somewhere other than the local Hypermarket, then I will have to settle for their eggs.

No comments: