Friday 7 November 2008

A BIRTHDAY CAKE FOR MY SPECIAL MUM... 60 ON HALLOWEEN



My mum celebrated her 60th Birthday on 31st October. Last year's cake was an Enchanted Tree with a witch on the top! Knowing that a cake similar to that would be a bit below the belt, I embarked on making a 3D gnome. My mum has a staggering amount of these little fellows in her garden, and has now created a "Pixie Garden" which the grandchildren love. I am afraid I do not share this same passion!

As we had organised a party for her, I thought it best that she had two cakes, one, being the Gnome for her actually birthday and another for the party. She loves pink and flowers, so I created this delicate and feminine cake for all the party goers. We had a fantastic time and danced the night away (mainly to Cliff Richard songs urgh!).








No comments: